Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tabi Socks for Novelty

No matter where I go, I like having a knitting project on the needles  - and for that matter, socks seem to be the perfect choice.  Small and compact - especially when knitted on circular needles, it packs into a tiny bundle that fits perfectly in the backpack.

So ... no stranger to knitting socks,  I recently cast on some leftover yarn from Lorna's Laces that's been sitting in my stash.  A few years ago, I knitted my first pair of socks with this yarn and quite liked the stitch pattern, and so did grandma.  I was pleased to give her my first pair of socks to keep her feet warm over the winter months.

My new pair of socks is based on the same stitch pattern as my first pair (the fuchsia sock in the photo), but with a new twist! I enjoy learning new knitting techniques with nearly every project, and this time it's all about tabi socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment